What is CEREC?
CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. It is a state-of-the-art dental technology that enables us to create an inlay, onlay, crown or bridge for our patients within one appointment, speeding up a process that typically requires sending a mold of a patient's teeth to a dental lab, which can take up to several weeks and, whereas with CEREC, it can be done on-site without the need for any temporary restorations. The dental restoration is made entirely of porcelain and looks just like a real tooth. CEREC is the future of dentistry, allowing patients to be able to get a replacement within one appointment!
How does CEREC work?
CEREC machines use 3D imaging software to make a detailed replication of your teeth. We start by using a digital camera to take a 3D image of the tooth (or teeth) that need to be restored. The image is taken from the camera and uploaded to the computer. Once the images are uploaded, the milling machine starts to recreate the tooth from a porcelain block. This process can be done in one appointment or a couple hours.
What are the benefits of CEREC?
CEREC offers several benefits over traditional dental restoration methods, including:
- Fast development and treatment. Within one appointment and a couple of hours, you are ready to go with a brand new tooth
- Improved accuracy. Previously we would have to use messy impressions and overlays to get this process completed. Due to the improved technology and the cameras, the tooth will come out more accurately with less inaccuracy
- No more impressions needed! As mentioned above, the cameras and x-rays are so accurate that no mold is required.
- More comfortable than ever. The process is less time consuming and requires less involvement than a crown. The removal of the mold process alone really helps make the process seamless
- End result is better than ever. The process is so accurate, seamless and fast that within a couple hours, you are done!
- Ability to custom shade in order to achieve individual cosmetic results
Is CEREC right for me?
CEREC is a great option for patients that are looking for an improved smile. Now CEREC is not perfect for everyone just like with any dental procedure, we will evaluate your case and assess if it is the right fit for you. In majority of cases, CEREC is the right fit and is usually the most efficient and fast way to get a replacement done. The technology really makes it seamless and painless for you.
The Milltown Dental Difference
Here at Milltown Dental, we really focus in on all the benefits mentioned above to make your experience the best you possibly could have. Milltown focuses on cutting edge technology with a comfortable and seamless experience. We want you walking out with a smile on your face after just one appointment here at Milltown Dental. Book an appointment now to find out if CEREC is right for you.