Dental Invisalign Clear Braces
Dr. Julie Boudreault specializes in teeth straightening using Invisalign Braces. This orthodontic treatment gently shifts teeth into the perfect position using a removable series of aligners that can be applied at home. They are the perfect solution for those looking for a discreet alternative to traditional braces.
Are Invisaligns right for everyone?
Dr. Boudreault can assess your teeth to determine if Invisalign aligners are right for you. In general, they can be used for a number of dental issues including:
- Gapped teeth
- Mild bite problems such as overbite, underbite, crossbite, or open bite
- Crowded teeth
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign is a custom-made series of clear plastic orthodontic aligners used to correct issues that may be affecting your smile or bite. They do not require adjustments at the dental office. Instead, you take the aligners home and change them roughly every two weeks. They will gently coax your teeth into the desired position and, depending on the condition of your teeth, can complete the straightening process in less than a year.
How are the aligners created?
Your Invisalign aligners are created based on computer-generated images of your teeth. It is a quick and painless process performed in our office. The images taken of your teeth are used to create your customized aligners with the first aligner designed to fit the current configuration of your teeth.
The number of aligners required will depend on your specific needs and can average between 18 to 30. They are custom designed with slight changes in each aligner that will use a gentle amount of pressure to ease your teeth into a targeted position to create the smile you’ve always dreamed of. The aligners are replaced every two weeks and are removable to make eating and cleaning easier.
What are the benefits of using Invisalign?
For most people, the clear aligners are the biggest benefit. They allow you to wear braces that are virtually invisible, while still allowing you to get the same results as traditional braces. However, other benefits include:
- The removable aligners allow you to take them out before meals to avoid embarrassing food getting caught in your teeth like traditional braces
- You can also remove the aligners to maintain a more effective oral hygiene regime
- You can avoid damage such as lacerations to your inner cheeks caused by metal braces
- You can avoid missing work or school for adjustment appointments at the orthodontist
- You can avoid a higher risk of decay and staining caused by traditional braces
Technology Used to Create Invisaglin Braces
At Milltown Dental we equip our clinic with the best technology available to ensure our patients are provided the best practices possible when providing Invisaglin Braces. At our clinic, we have the latest Itero Scanners to help with manufacturing the perfect fit of Invisaglin Braces for our patients. Our latest Itero Scanner is the iTero Element® 5D which provides the following technological benefits to our practise:
- 3D Digital Impressions
- Aid for Interproximal Caries Detection w/ Near-Infrared Imaging (NIRI)
- Invisalign Outcome Simulator
- Optimal Invisalign connectivity
- Real-time TimeLapse Visualization
Providing iTero Scanners in our practice helps provide a standard of dental care that helps us build a better patient experience. The technology built within the iTero Element® 5D helps provide our patients with the following:
- Enhance the diagnosis and treatment planning capabilities
- Improve treatment planning, accuracy, and monitoring during Invisalign process
- Features like fast scan processing, enhanced ergonomics, and high-definition color imaging
- iTero scanner offers visualization tools such as iTero TimeLapse and Occlusogram, which is a heat map that illustrates how a patient’s bite and tooth wear is functioning over time
- Work's directly with My iTero, which makes iTero scans available within minutes
Equipping our clinic with the iTero Element® 5D helps build an efficient and fun patient experience in which it’s the first hybrid dental imaging system that simultaneously records 3D, intraoral color and NIRI images. iTero TimeLapse technology will help keep ours patients engaged by providing them with visualize diagnostic, restorative, or orthodontic dental information.
If you are interested in learning more about Invisalign braces give us a call at (905) 878-8528 or contact us here.