SureSmile Aligners: Now Available in Milton
Posted by Dr. Julie Boudreault On 3-01-2023
No doubt, everyone hopes to have a healthy smile that they can be proud of. Whether you’re considering orthodontic corrections for cosmetic purposes or looking to improve other oral health concerns, you’ll first want to find the right treatment.
SureSmile aligners in Milton are a great option for individuals looking to treat mild to moderate tooth alignment issues. In a few easy steps, you’ll be able to achieve your ideal smile before you know it.
For more information about this process, we’ve put together the following guide.
What are SureSmile Aligners?
Also known as invisible braces, SureSmile is a brand of removable clear aligners that provide discrete tooth straightening. Made from individual plastic trays, the clear aligners are customized to fit your teeth.
There are several reasons why patients, specifically adults, choose this treatment option over traditional metal braces. Some include:
- More subtle: The clear design of SureSmile aligners makes them ideal for anyone looking to discreetly straighten their teeth.
- Temporary: While these aligners typically need to be worn for at least 22 hours a day, you can easily remove them as needed, whether that be for a photoshoot, speech, or any important event. However, avoid leaving them off for an excessive amount of time.
- Easily maintained: SureSmile aligners require fewer visits to the dentist or orthodontist than traditional braces.
Although SureSmile should be worn for the prescribed amount of time to avoid delaying treatment, there are a few moments when they can be removed.
- Drinking hot liquids like coffee or tea
- Brushing and flossing your teeth
- Cleaning the aligners
- Special events
Once you complete your initial in-office dental appointment, SureSmile aligners are simple to use. You can expect the average treatment time to last for around six months, which is shorter than the other more traditional options.
Other factors to consider when deciding which type of invisible aligner will be best for you and your teeth include:
- Digital scans: The majority of clear aligner companies offer the option of in-office, digital scans. SureSmile, however, uses a Primescan intraoral scanner combined with their SureSmile technology and planning software in order to deliver precise results.
- Essix plastic: SureSmile aligners are made from a more durable, clear plastic known as Essix Ace.
- Custom-fit: Specifically designed to fit your teeth, SureSmile aligners are laser-cut and polished with a contoured gum line for optimal comfort.
At Milltown Dental, we provide comprehensive dental services for the entire family. To ensure you receive the personalized services you need, we now offer SureSmile aligners in Milton. Our proactive approach to dental care addresses your current dental needs alongside preventative care.
How does SureSmile work?
With the help of innovative technology, SureSmile aligners manage to make treatment less obvious than other available options. The aligners move the teeth and jaw into the correct position, thus helping create your ideal smile.
Starting a SureSmile aligner treatment is easy. First, you need to book an in-office appointment with your dentist and, once the treatment is approved, follow these additional steps:
- Set an initial appointment where your dentist will review your teeth and take the necessary digital scans of your mouth.
- Receive a customized treatment plan created by your dentist and the SureSmile Digital Lab experts. Each plan will be customized to the individual patient.
- After 2 to 4 weeks, return to your dental office and receive your aligners. Your dentist should confirm the fit before letting you leave.
- Visit your dentist for the necessary ongoing check-in appointments.
- Be sure to wear the SureSmile aligners for the required amount of time until treatment has finished.
During the initial appointment, your dentist will go over your personalized treatment plan and the necessary steps to follow. Once you approve the plan, they will move ahead with creating a mold for your set of aligners.
Each aligner set will be created from a highly accurate digital model of your teeth using a Primescan intraoral scanner. You can anticipate wearing each set of SureSmile aligners for one to two weeks before being instructed by the dentist to use the next set. This process ensures your teeth move into their ideal position a few millimeters at a time.
Our SureSmile aligners in Milton come with a specialized treatment plan that will address the specific restorative and cosmetic work that you require. Our team of specialists at Milltown Dental can provide you with the expertise and knowledge necessary to gently straighten your teeth into the perfect position.
Why choose SureSmile?
SureSmile vs. Traditional Braces
There are several differences between SureSmile and traditional braces. Some of them include:
- Material: SureSmile aligners are made from clear Essix Ace plastic, whereas traditional braces consist of a system of metal brackets and wires.
- Removability: SureSmile aligners are removable and must be taken out when you eat. Traditional braces, on the other hand, are fixed to your teeth with a special glue that can only be removed by an orthodontist.
- Length of wear: Traditional braces often require more wear time than clear aligners, but the typical treatment time is anywhere from 18 to 24 months, whereas SureSmile aligners have an average of 6 months of wear.
- Eligibility: SureSmile aligners are specifically designed to treat cases that require minor tooth movement. More complex cases, though, require the treatment of traditional braces.
SureSmile vs. Invisalign
Both SureSmile and Invisalign are clear dental aligners that provide similar treatment options. They both use invisible braces or clear aligners to straighten teeth. In addition, they both require in-office consultations and regular visits with your dentist or orthodontist.
The main differences are:
- Treatment time: Invisalign treatment time can be anywhere from 9 to 18 months, although the typical average is around 1 year. The average treatment time for SureSmile is around 6 months depending on the complexity of your case.
- Treatment options: Invisalign offers various treatment pathways depending on your specific needs, including express options and a choice for teens that includes a compliance tracker. SureSmile, however, offers a customized digital print, which is personalized to your specific needs.
SureSmile vs. At-home Clear Aligners
At-home clear aligners can be effective for patients who have mild to medium malocclusion (misaligned teeth). Often more affordable, they provide a simple and self-guided solution for straightening your teeth. However, unlike SureSmile aligners, at-home options don’t provide the same level of customization or preventative care you may require.
Keep in mind that treatment times, regardless of the alignment option you choose, will depend on your case’s complexity.
Where to Get SureSmile Aligners in Milton
Overall, our SureSmile aligners in Milton provide a wide variety of benefits for anyone looking to straighten their teeth. To help you find the treatment that’s right for you, our team at Milltown Dental will discuss all of your options and answer any outstanding questions in order to provide complete peace of mind.
If you or someone in your family wants to inquire about SureSmile aligners in Milton, you can call Milltown Dental at 833-318-3281 or email us at email@example.com to book a consultation.